• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Mesh pool fences

NH09

Silver Member
Has anyone out there appproved removable mesh pool fencing? I noticed it was addressed in the "free" 2012 pool and spa code, but is not addressed in the 2009 IRC (which we currently enforce).

Curious about the same. I haven't seen them in my area, but I did see many while visiting San Francisco.

Doesn't seem to be an "approvable" barrier in my eyes due to the removable poles (deck mounted)

mj

One of the online retailers has this on there website:

Removable mesh fencing does not meet pool barrier ordinance requirements in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Removable mesh fencing is recommended to be used as an excellent secondary barrier in conjunction with self-closing and latching doors.