• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

More free deck code webinars.

Glenn

I'm excited to share with you all that the North American Deck and Railing Association (nadra.org) is sponsoring three more deck code webinars of mine to be hosted on BuildingCodeCollege.com.

The first one is up and scheduled for next Thursday, June 11th. The next two will be scheduled soon and with more notice. Space is limited.

DETAILS OF THE DECKING
Description:
Decking is the first structural element in a deck design, though it often doesn’t get the respect the joists and beams receive. We just step all over it. Bad puns aside, the decking does a lot more than may be realized. Exterior wood decking was recognized in the code in 2015, to include 5/4 and 2x decking, including fastening provisions. Sometimes simple things, like decking, can have details we may not know.
Length: 90 minutes.

Objectives: Upon completion of this course, attendees will…
…Identify the various forces that decking must resist and how it resists them.
…Hear the new 2021 IRC provision that already applied but weren’t known.
…Learn how decking you’re not standing on is still supporting you.

Continuing Education Units: Approved for 0.15 Preferred Provider CEUs from the International Code Council (ICC).

Thursday, June 11th
Mountain standard time: 12 pm to 1:30 pm MDT

Response has been great and so I upped the limit to 500. Currently 171 enrolled, so plenty of space. Show the sponsor that you appreciate their support of education and sign up!