• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

National Fire Academy Course Vacancies

mark handler

SAWHORSE
Signed up for a sept class!!!
What are you taking if you don't mind my asking? I'd like to get into the water-based plan review class but I have a scheduling conflict. I'm going to try to get into it in the fall during the next enrollment period.

Electrical fire investigations

I did one of the pilot water base plan reviews

Pretty good, depending on what level you are at and what you expect to get out of it.

I learn something from any class I take.

Electrical fire investigationsI did one of the pilot water base plan reviews

Pretty good, depending on what level you are at and what you expect to get out of it.

I learn something from any class I take.
I'd like to take the Electrical Aspects of Fire Investigation class. I took the Forensic Evidence Collection class in 2014. The instruction was outstanding. I wish we had more time with each instructor. Secret Service, ATF, FBI, experienced Arson investigators and forensic scientists with decades in the field.

One of the ATF agents assigned in our jurisdiction took the electrical aspects class a year ago and said it was great. He had a considerable amount of basic electrical ability from the trades before he became an agent. He said he learned a great deal. Lots of hands on time recreating the types of failures we see doing fire investigations. If I have time it's one on my list someday.

I'm hoping to get into a two day sprinkler plan review class that the NFSA is offering here closer to home first. Just trying to make the schedules work.

NFSA has put on some good classes the last couple years. Have not done the plan review

NFSA has put on some good classes the last couple years. Have not done the plan review
They have one this week in Illinois but I'm in an inspector's class already. I think I can get into one in the Chicago burbs in May.