• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New to the forum

Sifu

SAWHORSE
Happy to have found this forum. I am bringing codes to an area that has never had them before and I am a one man show so imagine how pleased I was to find a sort of codes think tank. (I am sure my old coworkers are getting tired of hearing from me!) I am not new to code enforcement but I am new to the jurisdiction and they are new to codes so it will be interesting.

Not real familiar with forums so take it easy on me but.....what is a "tag"?

Welcome to the board. Enjoy the ride. There is a wide range of members here from Building, Fire, inspectors, architects, engineers, contractors, and just about anything else you can think of.

robert,

welcome abroad! red "tag" is a stop work notice usually issued when work is being done without a permit. it will be your friend in your new endeavor. you will probably be writing them frequently until the locals accept the permit concept. good luck!

Welcome!

Tags are like keywords relating to your post. You can use them to create searchable words in your posts

Welcome!!

I hope you participate. You will find a large knowledge base here. Be prepared to be challenged (it is all for learning) and remember to put on an extra layer of skin! Glad to have you!

Thanks for the replies. Just came back here from some light reading on some of the other forums..........WOW. I knew what a "red tag" is, and now I know what a "tag" is as it relates to these forums (I think). I will participate when I think I have something intelligent to say....and most likely when I don't as well!

I am not new to code enforcement but I am new to the jurisdiction and they are new to codes so it will be interesting.
A lot of us have been through that ride so don't hesitate to share the problems most of us will be able to relate to what you are going through.

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard Robert... don't wait until you have something intelligent to say.. pipe right on in.. (you just never know when what you say ... even if you're kidding.. may really strike a thoughtful dialogue).

Robert S said:
I am bringing codes to an area that has never had them before and I am a one man show .......what is a "tag"?
If you get tagged, that means that you are "it". A one man show bringing codes to a place that's not had codes, means you are "IT". If you don't have some good stories to tell now, you will shortly.

Welcome,

Tiger

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert,

Welcome! As others have said we've all been through what you are about to experience. If you have a problem/question... ask away! Remember to enforce everything the same way for everybody! You'll get in a lot less trouble! :)

welcome Robert! I'm in an area where folks act like they never had codes before. What I've heardabout some of it is worse. You'll do fine, if you need help, this is the place to get it. I''ll often ask a question, keep looking in the book for an answer and answer my own question. as you can see from the "tag" remarks" ask a couple of inspectors one question, you'll get different answers! welcome. where you at by the way?

Welcome I too am new. This is a the best place to learn and rehash.

Just beware of dogs