1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

New TV Series on Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Off Topic Posts' started by jar546, Aug 16, 2018.

1. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

OK, I was hesitant to do this but what the hell, why not.

I am going to provide a link to a new web series just starting on Amazon Prime for those that have it. You will have to pay $1.99 per episode to see it. Here is the back-story:

This is a no-budget project that Amazon approved but put $0 into. This is the first episode, we have more coming and we are improving with each shoot. Our goal is to get to 1/2 hour episodes for season 2. The next episode is drastically improved. Now that I have lowered your expectations, please give this a shot and you can be as brutally honest as you want to with your opinion. This is the weakest episode as there was a learning curve and it sucks that it was the first episode. For those willing to fork out $1.99 I'd appreciate it.

Oh, yeah. I am the director of photography for it.

Here we go:

https://www.amazon.com/Backlash/dp/B07G2S13P6

2. cda

cda Sawhorse

How long is the episode?

3. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

about 13 minutes

4. JCraver

JCraver Sawhorse

Remember that you said this......

It has promise. I enjoyed the episode and didn't want to turn it off immediately, so that's a plus. The whole "young guy gets mixed up with the wrong crowd" is as played out as any other idea but I'm still a sucker for it, so I'll watch the rest of it if you continue.

And the gal on the couch? The show should definitely have more of her in it......

I'm not a fan of the perspective most scenes were shot in. I want to see what's going on, not super-closeups of faces the whole time. That's not a critique necessarily, just an opinion. It had too much of an "adult-film" feel, although that's a poor way to explain what I'm talking about..

Why no blurb about how AJ got involved? One minute he's disappointed he didn't get an interview and the next he's playing backup/sidekick for a collector? How'd he get there? If that's going to be part of the story, maybe a time-lapse scene, or a blank "2 days later" shot would have been good to show some time had passed between when he hung up the phone and when he hooked up with Hector? I don't know, but that part didn't fit in well for me.

Here's my most critical piece, because I'm a gun guy -

You need a weapons consultant, or to at least talk to someone who owns a gun - the handling was abominable (except for the 2 seconds Thomas had AJ's gun; he did a decent job). 1. No fingers on triggers, ever, unless they're shooting. 2. Small of the back holsters are played out too, IMO, and that's just a dumb way to carry one. 3. The only guys who enter rooms with their gun next to their ear are guys in movies - that's a good way to get shot first.

Overall, I give it a 3.5 out of 5. Not bad.

jar546 likes this.
  5. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

Thank you for taking the time to not only watch but offer constructive criticism. That is truly appreciated. Love your perspective.

JCraver likes this.
  6. cda

cda Sawhorse

I looked at it once, but will watch again, so I can get a second opinion, and follow it a little closer.

Will kind of wait for the second episode to see how that goes.

Over all the photography was great!!! In an overall sense.

I do agree to much close up.

Maybe in the first and hopefully in the second, identify who is who and who does what. That is why I would like to see it again.

The two death scenes where the guy gets shot and the guy gets punched to death, seems a little, not sure how to describe it???? mild, not looking for blood an guts, just ???

Anyway will look again and wait for the next episode. !!!

Keep up the great photo work!!

jar546 likes this.
  7. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

It would take a lot to insult Jeff. Here's a guy who danced in his underwear while claiming that his farts don't smell. I always figured him for a regular guy.....that commercial convinced me that he's extra regular.

So there were a few minor things (kinda dark) (at 3:23 the victim stands and adjusts his shirt....who would do that?) and one big one which was the lady with the guy that got shot. She was a witness and should have also been shot.

#7 ICE, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    JCraver and jar546 like this.
  8. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

I've been wondering the same thing. Why was she not shot? Now I have to ask!

9. cda

cda Sawhorse

Kinder gentler show!

10. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

At 11:11 the bad guy looks in the bag and says that they have lost 40% of the inventory.....the other bad guy corrects him saying 45%......how can they tell that by a quick glance?

The girl on the couch should have painted toenails on that big, front and center, foot and an ankle bracelet.

The door behind the couch has a deadbolt that is not in the latched position. Bad guys always lock the doors.

The butler rolled the dead guy over on his stomach but when he is wrapping tape around the ankles the dead guy is tits up.

At 8:28 the two bad guys are driving to the boss's house which is presumably in a fancy neighborhood....but the neighborhood these guys are in is anything but a fancy neighborhood.

At the car dealer there's a sub-panel on a wall over the stairs....LOL I'm starting to enjoy this. Do it again Jeff.

I didn't find anything wrong with the closeups....actually they seemed appropriate. The photography was professional....or is it videography.....nope, that's not a word.

#10 ICE, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    jar546 likes this.
  11. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

I am passing all of this feedback up the chain of command. Thank you.

Next episode is being edited as we type.