• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

not paying the fine lands him in jail

BSSTG

Gold Member
Greetings all,

Well to follow up on our ongoing saga with the junkyard dude, he had a show cause hearing to day and our judge told him to pay up or go to jail. Out of a 25,000$+ plus fine he was short about 5 grand. He sits in jail right now.

It reminds me of the old classic Arlo Guthrie tune "Alices Restaurant" when he gets thrown in jail and the mother rapers and father stabbers ask young Arlo "Kid, what ya in for?" and so he answers "litterin" and they all moved away from him on the bench.

BS

BSSTG said:
Greetings all,It reminds me of the old classic Arlo Guthrie tune "Alices Restaurant" when he gets thrown in jail and the mother rapers and father stabbers ask young Arlo "Kid, what ya in for?" and so he answers "litterin" and they all moved away from him on the bench.

BS
Not only is that a song but it is a true story and it did get him out of the draft in that he was not "rehabilitated" and therefor not moral enough to be inducted into the army.

In the movie, Officer Opie is played by the real Officer Opie that arrested him for littering in the first place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice's_Restaurant

some thing not quite right with not being moral enough to kill when instructed to do so. nort thay it may not be necessary, but when it comes to war, morals go out the window.imho

Greetings all,

Well it's Monday am and the dude is still in jail! I'll have to ask him how the food is there when he gets out. HaHa

BS

BSSTG said:
Greetings all,Well it's Monday am and the dude is still in jail! I'll have to ask him how the food is there when he gets out. HaHa

BS

if and when he gets out. I hear in texas alot check in but they don't check out:eek:

BSSTG said:
Greetings all, Well to follow up on our ongoing saga with the junkyard dude, he had a show cause hearing to day and our judge told him to pay up or go to jail. Out of a 25,000$+ plus fine he was short about 5 grand. He sits in jail right now. It reminds me of the old classic Arlo Guthrie tune "Alices Restaurant" when he gets thrown in jail and the mother rapers and father stabbers ask young Arlo "Kid, what ya in for?" and so he answers "litterin" and they all moved away from him on the bench. BS
Wasn't he also creating a nuisance?

Yes sir

Actually the nuisance charge was the charge that received the largest fine. A substantial pile of debris still sits there in large part as it has not been abated yet.

BS