• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Notre-Dame Cathedral Fire Silver Lining

jar546

Forum Coordinator
The world watched in heartbreaking horror as the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris was on fire. Crowds stood together in the streets while coverage from cell phones and news stations flooded social media. However, one good item to note is the fire protection system in this iconic cathedral worked as it should and there was no loss of life.

More...

Continue reading...

I saw some information today that alarm as I got off it 620 p.m. but nothing was found and the all clear was given. Later at 6:43 PM another alarm sounded and they actually found the fire. Too bad they didn't do further investigation when the earlier alarm sounded or this tragedy could have been prevented.

I'm not sure what fire protection they had in the bldg. When I have been there previously I never saw anything indicated they had sprinklers or any other type of fire protection systems. I believe the major reason that no one was seriously injured is that the bldg. closes at 6:45 PM everyone had basically left by the time the fire was discovered.