• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Operating theatre in I-2 hospitals

vero123

I would like to clarify some issues regarding I-2 Group Hospital and I hope for your help.

According to the developed project, it is planned to place the operating theatres on the underground floor.

Please determine, based on the IBC Code, whether there are any restrictions on the location of operating theatres on the underground floor and if the operating theatres are located on the underground floor, will we be required to take additional requirements in terms of fire and life safety in addition to the requirements set out in Section 407?

Thanks in advance.