• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

overboard

ICE

Oh Well
Seems like a poor tradeoff to ban gas fired appliances for just 3,641 cars. It's in the works to also ban gas fired water heaters.

20221027_081924.jpg

I think there's a misplaced decimal point somewhere. I doubt that a car emits almost 5 million tons of CO2 per year. Even if it is equivalent to taking 10 or 100 times as many cars off the road, it is still a drop in the bucket in a state with 20 - 30 million cars & trucks.

In any case California is coming up with other reasons to ban natural gas. I've seen a couple articles where California says that gas stoves emit benzene, which the state classifies as a carcinogen. It won't be long before they ban natural gas because they claim it is a health hazard.