• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

P parlor 2nd floor8a01

stefana85

Hi there, Ohio Building Code question for existing building here. I have a 2nd story 2,600 sq ft future tattoo parlor in an existing building from 1960s. Ceiling height throughout is not more than 7'- 5.5" and at some areas goes down to 7-1 and 6-4. No sprinklers and not planning on it, no change in occupancy and no major changes other than finishes and furnishings. I'm concerned with the ceiling height for egress, and although probably I should have addressed in separate thread, accessibility. Since this is a 2nd story built in the 60s, no elevator, only 2,600 sq ft with no other shared access or spaces, I'm inclined to say that an elevator/ lift are not required, and if added they would be voluntary. Would love to hear any and all your reactions. Thanks!