• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Pa code changes

inspecterbake

Sawhorse
Just looked at L&I web site appears we have adopted portions of the 2015 codes anyone know about this?

Last I knew, the RAC couldn't or wouldn't adopt 2015 I Codes in entirety. It's a continuing very limited pick of the litter based on what Pa. Could legally adopt due to language or lack thereof from the UCC.

If you click on the UCC CODES link, bottom of page it'll clarify. Now all have another few books to continually reference and clarify to contractors and design professionals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke with a code reviewer at DL&I earlier this week about code changes. He said the elimination of Chapter 34 from the IBC screwed things up and that is why (or part of the reason why) they [ RAC ??? ] did not adopt a new code series.

I do not see what the problem is - just use the IEBC which is already adopted. Am I missing something?

Mech, I spoke w L&I myself and the clarification I received was indeed due to language of the UCC, powers that be have picked it apart and this is end result.

Seems to me as though it may have been intentional to slow the role of future code adoptions. I remember a time complaining about ever changing codes and finally having contractors on board and now I have contractors asking when new codes are coming. Did everyone take there meds or is it in the water.