• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Permit Fee for Excavation

Mule

Platinum Member
Once upon a time, way before the IBC, the UBC had a table for figuring the cost of an excavation permit. That table does not appear in the IBC.

How do you guys determine excavation fees?

Re: Permit Fee for Excavation

Our Grading & Excavating permit fee is $25, set by the Village Board, along with all the other fees.

Mule -

I sent you an e-mail with the fees that I use. These are based on the old UBC and the city adopted these when we did our code adoption.

Sue

Thanks, that's what I needed.........

Permit is 2% of estimated project cost if over $500.00. Muni code adopted.

Now that's a handy way to do it. Our public works stuff is on a percentage basis.

I don't see where the IRC or IBC require a permit to dig a hole. Now public works has a permit for site work. Has to deal with errosion control and dust mitigation. Flat fee of $25.00 regardless of the size of the hole.

State of Texas has all kinds of erosion control stuff. Also we have adopted Appendix J of the 2006 IBC.