• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Permit Required?

Would you require a permit for this?
Yes it would have to be permitted prior to existing.

Also check to see it IBC 2018 Appendix N has been adopted, this may allow the structure to be in compliance.

There is a company near us taking these containers and modifying them into bank buildings. They look pretty nice, and hard to tell that they are containers. They do a nice jobe with the modifications.

Your photo does not look like they meet any energy codes!:eek:

I guess my questions are it looks like its old, just because the wood ramps are new, can you establish when it became part of the landscape?

Once I knew when it arrived at its current place, I would then verify that against the requirements in the AHJ at that time.

IF permitting was required, then move forward, but yes to a permit under current PA requirements, maybe no depending on when it became part of the landscape.