• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Portable Toilets

Jim B

Silver Member
I am located in Pennsylvania and IBC 2012 and Appendix E has been adopted.

I am dealing with baseball dugouts at a high school field and the BCO has permitted the use of portable toilets to suffice for the dugout occupant loads.

The architect has provided me with cut sheets, but as per IBC 2012: E105.1, it would appear that 5%, or at least 1, shall be fully accessible.

In looking at cut sheets on the web, I have yet to see one that complies with ANSI A117.1-2009.

Other than the trailer type of portable toilet rooms, has anyone seen a grade standing, poly type, that complies?

Thanks,

cda said:
The unit show at United Services doesn't comply for the 60" water closet clear floor space width and TP location

The Penn Waste unit isI unclear. It doesn't seem to have a vertical side wall gab bar, its hard to tell if the seat centerline is 16" to18" from the side wall

# : = : #

Are there any ADA compliant restrooms within 500 ft. of the dugouts

[ RE: Section 1109.2.1.4, `12 IBC ] ?

# : = : #

Jim I think you'll be hard-pressed to find one with the vertical grab that's not an ADA requirement.

FWIW the vertical bar on the side wall in A117.1 was added to aid a person who may use other types of mobility aids and needs assistance to rise or sit on the water closet.