• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Pro's and Con's for 3 E plan review software?

mtlogcabin

SAWHORSE
The city has an RFP out for an electronic plan review software program. The 3 respondents' are Avolve Software AKA ProjectDox, Timmons Groups "On Base" software by Hyland and True Point Solutions in partnership with Avolve AKA DigEplan

I would appreciate any feedback you may have on the products and or companies. If you do not want to respond on the forum then you can email me at jclawson@kalispell.com

My understanding is that the Avolve platform can use it's own plan review software, or incorporate an outside version such as bluebeam. I brought Avolve in for a presentation at a previous job and I liked it, but was over-ruled. That was a number of years ago so my knowledge (and memopy) is probably outdated.