• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Raise the roof

Should have some quality in it! Dont think it is that old

Trophy Club is an affluent northern suburb of the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. It is Texas’s first premiere planned community, built around the only golf course designed by Ben Hogan. It is located in Denton and Tarrant counties in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 8,024 at the 2010 Census. It has been acknowledged multiple times by D Magazine as one of the best places to live in Dallas–Fort Worth.[4]

I think they did not built it to Texas earthquake standards!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquakes_in_Texas

My first guess is cut/modified trusses. I've seen it several times when they try to squeeze air handlers into the truss spaces not designed for the size or loads of the equipment. Would be really interested to know the real reason.

giant-young-man-sitting-on-roof-of-small-house-like-on-chair-looking-up-in-blue-sky-with-copy-space-and-dreaming-2A8J604.jpg