• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Recommendations for Hurricane-Resistant Curtain Wall? 1-7/8" thick IGU

AArchitect

I've been searching thing a hurricane-resistant curtainwall system that can accommodate a 1-7/8" IGU by SageGlass that we are using to meet client required performance requirements. However, I cannot seem to find a hurricane-resistant system that can fit this glass. I have asked manufactures like YKK and Kawneer if the mullions can be modified for this thickness but they haven't responded to me or said no.

So anyone have any experience with manufacturers that can accommodate this thickness?

I've heard lots of horror stories on delays in getting curtainwall. I'd be nervous about trying to get any thing special at this time, unless you pre-ordered it before the job even went out to bid.