• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Residential A/C dust cleaners

HA! This is funny......

cda, if you were not the most prolific poster on the forum, and the highest reporter of off-topic/spam suspects, I would think this was a spam setup!

Seriously, the more I read your post the question you ask, and the way, the more I laugh.........I would "Spam clean" you at this point!

HA! This is funny......

cda, if you were not the most prolific poster on the forum, and the highest reporter of off-topic/spam suspects, I would think this was a spam setup!

Seriously, the more I read your post the question you ask, and the way, the more I laugh.........I would "Spam clean" you at this point!

I feel the love!!

It gets dusty in Tx, Just trying to solve a problem and have looked at these before..

Hoping someone has one or have seen them,,,, for feed back

I really understand you. I'm allergic to dust, so I keep my apartment spotless. I do wet cleaning of surfaces few times a week. Recently, I've had difficulties with my air conditioner. I noticed much more dust in the apartment. I called a technician to check the aircon. He said that filters are dirty, so it needs replacement. I was looking for qualitative A/C dust cleaner. Long story short, I purchased a nice In-Duct Air Purifier and I'm happy :)

I've heard of these ion generators, but I've never been in a building where one was installed. They may be more useful for freshening the air than for removing dust.

I have used the Aprilaire SpaceGard air cleaner in my last 2 houses. It has a 4" deep filter element which lasts a year here in Virginia, catches smaller particles than a typical fiberglass filter, and MERV 12 replacement elements are readily available at Lowes or Home Depot. I believe that Honeywell makes a similar air cleaner, and there may be additional manufactures.

I've heard of these ion generators, but I've never been in a building where one was installed. They may be more useful for freshening the air than for removing dust.

I have used the Aprilaire SpaceGard air cleaner in my last 2 houses. It has a 4" deep filter element which lasts a year here in Virginia, catches smaller particles than a typical fiberglass filter, and MERV 12 replacement elements are readily available at Lowes or Home Depot. I believe that Honeywell makes a similar air cleaner, and there may be additional manufactures.

Do you have a link to the product you use

Here's a link to Aprilaire air cleaners:

I have the 2210 (20" x 25" duct-mounted) in my house. Most HVAC wholesalers should have them or equivalent models by other manufacturers.

Here's a link to Aprilaire air cleaners:

I have the 2210 (20" x 25" duct-mounted) in my house. Most HVAC wholesalers should have them or equivalent models by other manufacturers.
Thanks