• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Safety glazing and decks

Re: Safety glazing and decks

I prefer to think of it has being inquisitive, but I know you just have to have the JD interpretation. Still need to look at R308.4 #6, good catch on the other. ;)

Re: Safety glazing and decks

Kil - I cut and pasted that from my prior post, that's why I thought you were being obstinate. Yes I agree, if there's a door adjacent to the window it would need to be safety glass.

Are you guys trying to bring me pain reading through this thread...

1) No, Jar546, nothing has changed. There are still code officials that are insane with power. As for glazing by stairs and stairways, it dropped from 60 inches to 36 inches in the 2012.

2) Steveray, the ISPSC (pool code) has provisions addressing slip resistance at pool decks. Feeling it was poorly written, I have worked with NADRA to submit four proposals to the Group A hearings this year. I welcome your review and feedback, though it's too late to incorporate anything into the proposals at this time. I did reach out before submission to the NAHB, the APSP, and others for their review and feedback. I look forward to seeing what the committee thinks of the proposals.