• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

*State of the Website July 2018*

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Stardate July 2018
We have been cruising through the internet now almost 9 years without stopping. This October will be the anniversary of our launch. At this time the fuel probes are being depleted, down to 57 Sawhorses as of this morning. Rather than stop until we refuel, I would prefer to have inflight fueling to see if we could add more Sawhorses to our supply which will allow us to maintain course and even gain some speed.

Many of you have been enjoying the ride here on the Starship TBCF and we are happy to accommodate you as we know this journey is important to you. I am now asking those that have been traveling with us for years and those that recently docked to consider upgrading from free to the Sawhorse class which allows access to other parts of the mothership and gives you a greater sense of community.

Starship TBCF has been a great vehicle for thousands and thousands of people to help you get where you are going as we travel through this complicated maze of the black hole known as "construction codes." As we take on more passengers, however, it is a greater strain on our fuel so the time has come once again to ask you to pitch in and give us some fuel.

For those that have already paid for an upgrade to the Sawhorse cabin and have not been seated, please contact me via PM and let me know when you upgraded. Our communication lines with the Paypal transport vehicle was broken and has since been restored.

Please click on this link to be teleported to the account upgrade solarium where you can help to fuel the mothership: https://www.thebuildingcodeforum.com/forum/account/upgrades

Thank you,

Captain Jerk

Maybe free is just not a viable option.

yes but it is a double edge sword. Growth is based on activity and activity decreases severely when you can't access without paying. I totally get you and agree but, ughhhh, this is never an easy fix nor is there a simple answer.

The thread an average day has been viewed over 225K times in seven years. Other threads get plenty of action. Perhaps letting people see the first 50 pages will get them to pay for the next 93.

The thread an average day has been viewed over 225K times in seven years. Other threads get plenty of action. Perhaps letting people see the first 50 pages will get them to pay for the next 93.
I will see what limitations the platform allows me to put in place.

Or how about a donation button

So for one timers

They hit the button and do a one time donation???

Or how about a donation button

So for one timers

They hit the button and do a one time donation???
I have been trying to figure out how to implement this for a long time but running into problems. My IT guy is currently away. I have to get the right code that works inside this platform and find the best place to put it.

I have been trying to figure out how to implement this for a long time but running into problems. My IT guy is currently away. I have to get the right code that works inside this platform and find the best place to put it.

Or a link to an ongoing go fund me account?????

Not into that IT stuff either.

Jeff, I tried so see when my 2-yr subscription expires, but I couldn't find it. Do you have a link to show when our membership expires?
I went ahead and renewed for another 2 years. If there is an overlap of subscriptions, will it be added to the new one?

Jeff, I tried so see when my 2-yr subscription expires, but I couldn't find it. Do you have a link to show when our membership expires?
I went ahead and renewed for another 2 years. If there is an overlap of subscriptions, will it be added to the new one?

If you click on the picture top right of the page

Go down to account upgrades

It will show either you have expired or expectation date.

If expired I can’t help you

I do not agree with the idea of limiting viewership in any manner, I believe it would be counterproductive as you want to encourage people to scour the site and view the content to see its value.

I'm not an IT guy and I do not know associated costs of setting anything up but its IT so it cant be cheap living in a basement wearing pajamas but here is my suggestion, when individuals sign up to post and respond they provide an email so what about something that generates an automatic email say about 3 days after they post that offers subscription or donation? A reminder of sorts.

What do the IT folks suggest, I'm sure you've spoken with your IT guy do they offer any suggestions?