• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Story time

ICE

Oh Well
The job was a new restaurant building and the contractor called for framing and all the roughs. He was not ready and not by a little bit. As we walked and I wrote, he kept repeating that he was in a bind and needed something to take to the bank. He wanted me to sign the card for framing. When I told him that he was way too far from passing a frame inspection he asked if I could sign off on any of the roughs. Again he wasn't close to ready. So now he is pleading with me, "I need money, give me something to take to the bank". Well I felt sorry for him so I asked for a sheet of paper. That put a spring in his step. On the paper I wrote: "I have a gun....give me money."

Last edited by a moderator:
The job was a new restaurant building and the contractor called for framing and all the roughs. He was not ready and not by a little bit. As we walked and I wrote, he kept repeating that he was in a bind and needed something to take to the bank. He wanted me to sign the card for framing. When I told him that he was way too far from passing a frame inspection he asked if I could sign off on any of the roughs. Again he wasn't close to ready. So now he is pleading with me, "I need money, give me something to take to the bank". Well I felt sorry for him so I asked for a sheet of paper. That put a spring in his step. On the paper I wrote: "I have a gun....give me money."
I used to have fun