• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Study material for certifications

darcar

Silver Member
First, it's nice to see all the ICC people have found a new home for discusion... boy did ICC mess up there site!!!

I have in the past used study guides on disc from http://www.internationalcodes.com/ . The disc were comprised of 30 or more tests with 40 to 50 questions each. Each test covered each chapter of the particular code book relating to the certification you were preparing to test for. If you did the sample questions and were able to master those, then you had a real good shot at passing the certs. They drilled the information into your head.

I had purchased a disc from this site about 6 months ago but for the past month I have been unable to access the website.

Do any of you in here use this site? Has it been shutdown?

What other resources do you know of that are good for preparing for certifications?

Re: Study material for certifications

darcar, My 2 cents for what it's worth. I will not purchase anything from the icc (international cash cow) that I absolutly don't have to. Their cert program is nothing more than a cash cow. Jurisdictions that have bought into it deep are now realizing that.

I absolutely agree with you but what is a person to do? I understand that the ICC is a business and needs to make money but I have a family to feed and I need to make money too so I guess I am a slave to system. More times than not you will find less quality inspectors in jurisdictions that do not require cert's.

With cert's come higher qualified higher paid inspectors...

Jurisdictions then have to increase permit fees to pay employees...

Higher permit fee's cause contractors to increase their rates...

Higher rates make it less affordable thus owners do not get as much work done...

Contractors are out of work because of this...

RECESSION...

Bush and Obama are not to blame... THE ICC IS!!!

but anyways... does anyone else know of good study resources

Darcar-

I can,t find there website or any contact information either.

They must have closed it up, Unless the cash cow put the wammy on them with there new website.

It's too bad, those disks where the best.

I always beat myself up with them a few days prior to testing to get my speed up and generally walked away from tests with time to spare.

I don't know if this is the same you might try the e-mal adress and see if you get a response.

codes [at] rosenet.net

internationalcodes.comStudy Guides for Building Code Exams

About Study Guides for Building Code Exams (internationalcodes.com): Computer study guides to aid in the preparation of Code Exams and develop knowledge of the technical codes. none Star

Is this your website?

Update your listing data using our Self-service tools.

Brassfield, Blaine

Brassfield, 14794 N Bank Rd

Roseburg, OR 97470

US

codes [at] rosenet.net

About

We have developed a convenient, cost and time efficient method for preparing for certification exams and increasing your knowledge of the various building and technical codes. Our innovative electronic study guide format presents the reader with questions from various model codes and once an answer is chosen, displays the correct code reference sections or tables. ... Our Mission

I can't get that link to open. Can you check and repost?

Thanks