• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

The Day I Should Have Stayed in Bed

% ( & ) %

Now that you're getting older, remember,
...coffee first thing !,,,,,,,Before anything else ! :)

What was the damage to your vehicle ? [ Pics. ] ?

% ( & ) %

Yep … going for that $5 coffee from the barista vs $0.50 at home.

Why do you have to take it out of 1st gear? As long as the clutch lever is pulled in, won't it roll?

Twas not a good day. Two for one damage.

The Fatboy went over once. Pulled it out of the shop that I rent in town, has a pretty good slope on it. I was sure the Fatboy was stable, but when I got off, I was halfway around it to close the door, and it started dropping towards the off kickstand side. I had just put a custom taillight/turn signal combo, and custom rear-view mirrors with led turn signals for the front, on the bike, literally a week before. Also had just had custom flame paint done on the tin a month before. Guess what got scratched up, fortunately, the front and rear signals, but they still work!

Oh, tore a nice gash in my palm, trying foolishly to catch it. I think a 97 Fatboy weighs in as much as Jeffe's Ducati, and top heavy like his.

Yep … going for that $5 coffee from the barista vs $0.50 at home.

Why do you have to take it out of 1st gear? As long as the clutch lever is pulled in, won't it roll?
Oh yeah it will roll with the clutch pulled in but it won't start unless it is in neutral regardless of clutch position.

I am not looking at the damage, just ignoring it on the car. I don't want to see it again.
Good that it is on the passenger side then....Sucks...I got guards on the FJR before I dropped it in a parking lot.....And they helped a bit once in a loose sandy driveway, nothing that actually needs to be repaired, just a little less pretty...

You might be ready for a trike? I think you can get one with a cup holder for that grande, triple latted, skim milk, whip cream with sprinkles breakfast drink you get in the morning?:p

@ ~ @

Rembo, I think that
** Pcinspector1 ** is on to something
there with the recommendation of a trike.......You do not
seem to be doing too well with the two wheelers.

You have totaled one scooter, partially damaged another
one and scratched up your 4 wheeled sled, and all fairly
recently........These events are what some would say are
"red flags" ! :)

If ya just gotta have a motor-scooter, invest in a trike !
Maybe not as sexy as the 2 wheelers, but a whole lot
safer !........Just sayin'...

@ ~ @

@ ~ @

Rembo, I think that ** Pcinspector1 ** is on to something
there with the recommendation of a trike.......You do not
seem to be doing too well with the two wheelers.

You have totaled one scooter, partially damaged another
one and scratched up your 4 wheeled sled, and all fairly
recently........These events are what some would say are
"red flags" ! :)

If ya just gotta have a motor-scooter, invest in a trike !
Maybe not as sexy as the 2 wheelers, but a whole lot
safer !........Just sayin'...

@ ~ @
Yep,
Once I was hit by a car when sitting completely still at an intersection not moving with a blinker on and daytime running lights.
Once I was hit by a pickup truck when the driver stopped suddenly, I stopped and they jammed it into reverse hitting me when I was sitting completely still.
I dropped the bike twice, once the kickstand spring pulled it back up after I kicked it down, and once when I did not have coffee and thought I put it down.

Yeah, maybe yellow flags but not red.

Yep,
Once I was hit by a car when sitting completely still at an intersection not moving with a blinker on and daytime running lights.
Once I was hit by a pickup truck when the driver stopped suddenly, I stopped and they jammed it into reverse hitting me when I was sitting completely still.
I dropped the bike twice, once the kickstand spring pulled it back up after I kicked it down, and once when I did not have coffee and thought I put it down.

Excuse after excuse...and blaming the coffee says it all. I keep hearing about asteroids heading towards Earth. Do I detect another excuse.

Kennedy, you like the guy...talk to him...organize an intervention...get him on a Schwinn until he can handle a motor.

Yep,

You only get so many warning signs.

He's definitely an "El Goto" with 9-lives!

That CH-46 doesn't look repairable?

Oh yeah it will roll with the clutch pulled in but it won't start unless it is in neutral regardless of clutch position.
Fatboy starts in any gear, that's why I got in the habit of finding neutral, before hitting the starter button. Never dropped it, but had a couple of bumps that scared the sh!t out of me.

@ ~ @

** mtlogcabin **, ...I agree !

Rembo, just remember there are some "motorcycle babes"
out there just looking for a "Trike bikin', hot stud muffin"
like yourself, just waiting for you to introduce yourself to
them.........Go check the Daytona Bike Week out !

1659404869505.jpeg

In your case, you just gotta stay alive long enough
to do it [ i.e. - replace the 2 wheeler for a trike and

customize it up ! ].....This Forum still needs you !.......We
still need you !.......The Code World still needs you ! :)

If you want some ideas of some other really cool trikes,
check out this Link:

You might even consider a Can-Am Spyder !

Here's an image of what you can look like with your new
trike and a passenger.

1659405972307.jpeg

@ ~ @

Last edited: