• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

The Official Share Your Documents Thread

jar546

Forum Coordinator
In this thread, I hope to have sharing of common documents used in the building department administration process. Having a look at the documents of others may help us to tweak our own documents, create new ones, or just appreciate what we already have. Most, if not all of these documents should be public information anyway, so please share with each other and help build a stronger building code administrator community. I will start with this one.

Very helpful. I am constantly searching for these types of documents. I found some today that nobody uses even though they all say "must be filled out" or some such language.

Very helpful. I am constantly searching for these types of documents. I found some today that nobody uses even though they all say "must be filled out" or some such language.
You can't get an AC Changeout permit unless you submit it. This is in addition to the permit application.

I happened across commercial tenant improvement submittal checklist today, it says you must fill it out and submit it with the required documentation. I have never seen it before, and I am not surprised because if it was actually being implemented my job would be a lot easier. I promptly attached it to a plan today to go along with my "insufficient plans for review" notation.

Not being negative, I love that you have them and envy any AHJ that creates good policy and procedure, and more importantly consistently administers them, but my experience has been that they are created with all good intentions but rarely, if ever actually used. I actually updated and created a whole slew of them in one of my previous AHJ's at the request of the CBO.....never to be used.

Probably a different conversation, but a lot of these documents need to be used by intake/admin/permit techs, and that is a real problem for me (almost everywhere I have ever worked). It is one thing to send it out, an entire 'nother thing to get the staff to even open a document much less verify it is filled out.

Probably a different conversation, but a lot of these documents need to be used by intake/admin/permit techs, and that is a real problem for me (almost everywhere I have ever worked). It is one thing to send it out, an entire 'nother thing to get the staff to even open a document much less verify it is filled out.
You can't get to plan review until the permit techs sign off on the following for this permit type. You are right, I don't want this thread to drift, so I hope this part I am contributing to ends soon or I will create a new thread.
Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 16.38.01.png