• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Too bad, So sad

ICE

Oh Well
Staff member
It's just a shame when this happens.

It's probably not what you are thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
jar546 said:
It was done neatly
Yes it was and I expect it to be just as neat when they do it over.

I do see a neutral violation but that would be easy to fix.

Some of the bends are too tight. But that's not the fatal flaw either.

ICE said:
Yes it was and I expect it to be just as neat when they do it over.I do see a neutral violation but that would be easy to fix.

Some of the bends are too tight. But that's not the fatal flaw either.
The neutral violation that I see is what Chris pointed out. If that is not the fatal flaw then I would like to know what is? Bends like that we mention not to do again but let go.

I am assuming this is not a subfed panel.

jar546 said:
The neutral violation that I see is what Chris pointed out. If that is not the fatal flaw then I would like to know what is? Bends like that we mention not to do again but let go. I am assuming this is not a subfed panel.
What code section would pertain to the bends?

I do not believe one exists for this scenario in the NEC.

My guess is that this is NMB cables without proper connectors and no sheath entering the panel.

Plus I would suspect the panel is recessed into the stuccoed wall and not maintaining the 1/4" air gap behind the panel.

The panel is mounted with a lag screw in the back rather than using the mounting holes provided.

Also the openings in the back are above the energized parts and don't appear to be approved.

Does the mfr allow field modification of the panelboard?

Would the 200.2(B) violation be corrected by running a conductor from one bar to the other? Chris says it's not a violation.. so is it an issue or no?

TimNY said:
Does the mfr allow field modification of the panelboard?Would the 200.2(B) violation be corrected by running a conductor from one bar to the other? Chris says it's not a violation.. so is it an issue or no?
If you enlarge the pic enough you can see a bus running between the bottoms of the neutral bars.

chris kennedy said:
If you enlarge the pic enough you can see a bus running between the bottoms of the neutral bars.
Thanks, Chris. If there were no bus between them, could a conductor be run between them to satisfy the requirement?

Tim