• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Tunnel

This is a building sewer that runs through a tunnel for 16'. At the other end it is 7' below grade. They did it with a pail and a rope. When I asked them if they were worried about a cave-in they said they tied a rope around the man digging the tunnel. I made them fill it in with slurry.

IMG_0954.jpg

Re: Tunnel

I was expecting to see some dude's head peeking out from the hole with a callout reading "¿Estados Unidos?".

Re: Tunnel

tigerloose - You're having a hell of a week, aren't you? The rope was to ensure a humane and timely end in the event of a collapse... :shock: