• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

UL 2196 Rated Cable for Critical Circuits

jar546

Forum Coordinator
[F]2702.3 Critical circuits.
Cables used for survivability of required critical circuits shall be listed in accordance with UL 2196. Electrical circuit protective systems shall be installed in accordance with their listing requirements.

Does this apply to both power and data?

How have you seen this accomplished for critical circuits?

Not an electrician or inspector

I know in the old days wiring would be put in a two hour chase.

Now will have to check, I thought the nuclear plants had testing on wiring that could handle bad environments ??

For the past 9 years I have been hopeful that this would be one of the major places for discussing electrical codes but it seems to be way busier with accessibility and IBC/IRC stuff which is great too. I just had hopes.

Seems like some of the electrical people have gone on down the road.