• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Unable to see markings on receptacles

jar546

Forum Coordinator
More and more I am having difficulty seeing whether or not a receptacle is TR or WR and end up taking a picture. When a receptacle is inside a bubble cover 16" off the ground with sunlight bouncing around, it is difficult to see the embossment since there is no contrast and I end up taking a photo then zoom in which is a waste of time, unlike citing code section, which is not a waste of time.

Some of the newer TR receptacles make it almost impossible to verify that they are, in fact, TR. Here is an example: This one is both TR and WR. The TR part is easy to see but sometimes they have black tabs which make it look like there are none.

IMG_3975.JPG

Wait a minute.....Electricians don't use phillips head screws.....!

I saw some really fancy ones that I actually had the electrician send me the paperwork on....TR