1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Unvented gas space heaters

Discussion in 'Commercial Fuel Gas Codes' started by Flexo, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Flexo

Flexo Member

I inspected short and long term residential rentals above retail space in a 100 year old building several days ago. The short term units are heated with 1500 watt, electric portable space heaters (see 2012 IMC 309.1) and the long term units are heated exclusively with unvented natural gas heaters(see 2012 IFGC 621.2). At some point the steam heat system had failed. The residential units have been remodeled (probably several times) without a Building Permit. The heaters are all new. someone is going to be unhappy with my conclusions.

2. ADAguy

ADAguy Sawhorse

Any CO2 detectors in place?