• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Update for Online Voting ICC Membership

jar546

Forum Coordinator
If it exists, what is the official status for online voting?

We all know that the technology exists and we all know that it has been used successfully for years with many small and large international organizations.

Is this something that has been seriously considered and is in active discussion and or planning?

I can't wait for it to be used. Then we will need to examine any shortcomings. I plan to be at the hearings and also hope to use the remote. This is going to be a great step forward for ICC. I am a supporter and have call for this for years.

Wonderful news! With ever shrinking budgets (and since American Idol can do it), the technology is there for voting member to use.

thanks Jim.

peach said:
Wonderful news! With ever shrinking budgets (and since American Idol can do it), the technology is there for voting member to use.thanks Jim.
I would like to say thank you but I cannot. Might have lit the fuse 3 years ago but the membership decided this one. Let'er Buck!!!

If I recall, we said this in Denver.. from that little forum, you are our voice on the Board and thank you!

jpranch said:
Online voting is alive and well. http://www.iccsafe.org/cdpaccess This will be live starting in November of this year. I do believe that success will depend on how many of the ICC membership will embrace it.
Welcome news. Also, it will be interesting to see in what ways we have yet to imagine that the new democracy will become corrupted by special interest groups.

Jobsaver said:
Welcome news. Also, it will be interesting to see in what ways we have yet to imagine that the new democracy will become corrupted by special interest groups.
I do believe it is safe to say that lobbying tactics will change and would find it hard to imagine that industry is not already working on this as well as others.