• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Walet Certification Card Change at ICC

Bryan Holland

Silver Member
A good idea from the certifications department at ICC. At this point, carrying around 20+ certifications in my wallet just doesn't work...

ICC Certification Continues Going Green Instead of keeping up with multiple cards, Code Council certification holders will now receive a single, laminated, butterfly-style wallet card that will contain all of their ICC certifications. The new card will list all of your certifications and their expiration dates, and can serve as proof to others of your recognition by ICC as a certified professional.

This change is part of the Code Council's continuing effort to increase efficiency and value, and decrease paper waste as much as possible. Instead of mailing a stack of wallet cards to you, upon renewal or request, you will receive a single ICC wallet card, eliminating the need for multiple envelopes and also the chance that multiple cards might be lost.

What do you need to do to receive your new ICC wallet card? If you are renewing your certifications, absolutely nothing. If you hold one or more current certifications, ICC will automatically mail you a new wallet card upon successful completion of the renewal process. The new wallet card procedure will go live October 1.

If you are not renewing your ICC certifications and want this single wallet card, please complete the application by clicking here. If you have questions about this new card, please e-mail us or call 888-ICC-SAFE (422-7233), ext. 5524.

Bryan,

Why can't they just send it through my computer; so, I can transfer it to the computer chip in my backside?

My certs are up in November; and, since I am staying in Oklahoma and don't need ICC certs anymore (state licensed Unlimited building, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical); I'm not going to renew my ICC Certifications.

Uncle Bob

It can't just be an "effort to increase efficiency and value, and decrease paper waste" not to mention postage it has to be "Green" also. Sounds like a little bit of ICC brain er I mean Green Washing going on.

Just got my new cards. 4 cards total. The back with the certs listed used about 3/4 of the space. 2 cards have one cert each on them. Maybe next time they will get them all on 2 cards. Hey it is a GOOD change they just need to keep working in their "effort to increase efficiency and value, and decrease paper waste" ;)

I just went down to the corner and got my certificates from "Juan". Nice work, only $5.00 dollars He sez he can do any certificate I want!

pc1

personally... I like carrying around 20+ pieces of paper .. makes me feel important.. when next I need to recertify, I'll see what ICC sends me... (by then, I'm guessing it'll be 25+ pieces of paper)...

I have never been asked to show my cert cards. Not sure where they are. Must be in the desk drawing I cannot open.