• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Website Stats for less than 48 hours

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I use Google analytics and set them up on Friday night, into Saturday Morning.

In that short amount of time, the Bulletin Board has over 200+ unique visitors who looked at over 13,600 pages. These are amazing stats for just over one day and not quite 2.

In addition, Google has very quickly indexed the site so it will now start showing up on search engine searches. This normally takes weeks or months to accomplish. The activity helps so thank each other.

Congrats! Keep the members coming.

Re: Website Stats for less than 48 hours

ICC had 93 members earlier today, and 29 active discussions... WOW! They're really bringing them in, EH? :? :roll: :lol:

Let's keep doing what we do, and loving it. Everything else will follow. :) :D :mrgreen:

By the way, I LIKE that I can insert a smiley where I want it and not just at the end of what I've typed, sometimes they're an afterthought (like now! :mrgreen: ). I always thought that was a pain in the a$$ on the old ICC BB.

As of today we now have over 40,000 page views of this forum. Amazing stats for just over a week and a half of operation. Congrats!

Jeff, This site is clearly a winner! I think the icc is clearly the looser here by their own doing. But..... that's just my 2 cents.

The ICC hired the "social media guru" [search youtube for phrase, no link, contains strong language].

Even if they got a few memberships out of the change, they lost an entire community.

The new site is a vast improvement, largely because decisions about forums aren't dictated by the ICC's agenda.

And of course the ICC's actions help build common bonds.

The only "common bonds" I can see from the icc (international cash cow) right now is money. My opinion but the icc would'nt recoginize the bond on this site even if they had type-S mortar. It's just that plain. Now that's not to say that those working for the icc do not take their positions and jobs very seriously and work very hard and do an excellent job. I feel sorry for some of them that I know personally.

as of 10-29

Page 7 of 7 [ 173 users ]

jpranch said:
The only "common bonds" I can see from the icc (international cash cow) right now is money. My opinion but the icc would'nt recoginize the bond on this site even if they had type-S mortar. It's just that plain. Now that's not to say that those working for the icc do not take their positions and jobs very seriously and work very hard and do an excellent job. I feel sorry for some of them that I know personally.
The ICC saw the board as a technical code resourse that wasn't bringing in revenue.

By building a wall around it, they probably gained a few dozen short term members.

But they lost an entire community of guests.

If they were smart enough to use voluteer moderators, they could have kept the old board going for next to nothing.

If they had really been smart, they could have used it to build rapport between their employees and a huge base of potential members.

It was cheap or almost free marketing.

That's what we want to see "DOMINATION' :lol: Good work everyone! Keep getting the word out!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Picking up steam Jeff.........I knew this would fly from the get-go. Great job with the forward thinking.