• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

What do you do?

fatboy

Administrator
When your inspector is on a reroof inspection and sends you these...……;)

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0337.jpeg

Oh, and you go back on historic aerial images, and it has been there since at least 1998??

o_O

Years ago I had a tree coming through my roof at a enclosed garage-house breezeway with mostly dirt floor. I did try to flash it but every time it got a little windy the tree would move around and mess up the flashing.

Whats under the roof? Patio? Livable space?

No idea, have not seen it, other than from the roof.

Dump them to the utility company

Let them be the bad person

It's been there for over 21 years, the meter is in the backyard, if the utility company had an issue, surely a meter reader would have thrown the flag on it. That is what surprises me, that and that a neighbor never ratted it out, being that it is sitting on the property line.

Fence in front of it, no access to the rear.

I'm thinking a workshop of sorts, something you wouldn't mind having a pole in the middle of.

Nope.............back when this must have been built.....90's........City population would
have been 80K-ish