• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

What type of switch would you accept?

LGreene

Hi All -

Last week I posted a question on iDigHardware and didn't receive a lot of feedback, which usually means that iDH readers don't know the answer. I'd like to ask your opinion and get your insight either here on the forum or on the iDH blog post.

It has to do with what type of switch - pneumatic, electric, or other, is acceptable for use as an auxiliary push button on a door where the lock is released by a sensor. This switch is required to unlock the door for 30 seconds, independent of the other electronics. There is more information here: https://idighardware.com/2018/09/wwyd-push-to-exit-switch/.

Thanks in advance for your help!
- Lori

Hi All -

Last week I posted a question on iDigHardware and didn't receive a lot of feedback, which usually means that iDH readers don't know the answer. I'd like to ask your opinion and get your insight either here on the forum or on the iDH blog post.

It has to do with what type of switch - pneumatic, electric, or other, is acceptable for use as an auxiliary push button on a door where the lock is released by a sensor. This switch is required to unlock the door for 30 seconds, independent of the other electronics. There is more information here: https://idighardware.com/2018/09/wwyd-push-to-exit-switch/.

Thanks in advance for your help!
- Lori

Thank you for clarifying the use of the button. It has been awhile since I have done a button sit up.