• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Who's going to Boston?

Dr. J

Silver Member
for the 2011 NFPA Conference and Annual Technical Meeting?

I will be making a couple of Motions on NFPA 99, and will be speaking on behalf of others on NFPA 90A and NFPA 101.

NFPA has gone completely off the rails with NFPA 99, expanding into areas way beyond the scoping statement. I will be motioniong that the new Plumbing and HVAC chapters be removed (IT should go away as well). Others will motion to send the whole thing back to committee. I will support that as well - it just ain't ready for prime time. There will also be much discussion regarding declaring ALL operating rooms as a Wet Procedure Location.

We can't give CMS, already a loose cannon, any more ammunition to significantly increase healtcare costs for minimal gain.