1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Why RDPs are required to go through municipal plan review

Discussion in 'Architects & Engineers' started by jar546, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Mark K

Mark K Platinum Member

If a building department is tempted to go beyond verifying that the design professionals license is current they should check with the state licensing board. It is not within the building departments authority to decide if the design professional was plan stamping or engaging in other improper licensing activity. If there is a concern that an individual is violating the state licensing laws the building department can always refer the concern to the state licensing board.

my250r11 likes this.
  2. VillageInspector

VillageInspector Sawhorse

As a plan reviewer/building inspector the first thing I do is verify with the state web site that the RDPs license is current and if it isn't I return everything along with a cover letter and copy of expired license. Can't tell you how many embarrassed RDPs I've had in almost twenty years.

ADAguy and jar546 like this.