• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Wyoming

Thanks cda. It will come in May or June. Depends on how long winter wants to hang around. The websites and travel agents showcase the big attractions. Yellowstone, Teton, Devils Tower (The Bears Lodge), etc... All great places to visit but make an effort to find the places that the tourists do not go. It's amazing.

Stopped and got GAS at Thermopolis which looked like a pretty cool town on my way to Riverton. Went on up to Cody and went thru the Buffalo Bill Museum which is pretty neat if you like firearms. And then there's a pretty good rodeo in Cody, but better make reservations, the hotels book up pretty fast.

Makes me want to put my boots back on!

Went to Thermopolis a few years back to relax in the mineral hot springs for a few days. A Christmas gift from my Daughter & Son in Law. Ah... sitting outside in the springs at -12 with a glass of good bourbon, dunking you head under water every few minutes only to have it freeze seconds later, watching the wildlife pass close by. Excellent, that is until you realize that you are allergic to sulfur. Darn, it was all going too well!

I thought you where like the "Bandit" and only took your hat off for one thing
61cZU3d2O4L._SX425_.jpg

Well I see Jackson is not a place to retire!!!

Looking south WY, and only see maybe three good size cities,

So how are the winters down south?

Btw, 18 and snowing here in the Northeast part. Supposed to go down to +8 tonight according to the weather guy which translates into a local (real) standing temp of zero! I'll be feeding the horses a bit heavy over the next few days.

There are great places in the southern parts of the state but no matter where you go the winters are hard and long. It depends on what you are looking for. If you want shopping and medical services close by perhaps Casper or Cheyenne (hope you like the wind) ;). The nice thing about Cheyenne is that your so close to Colorado and all it has to offer but equally as close to the middle of nowhere. Casper is just about dead center of the state and right on I-25 to access points north and south. There are also a few small towns close by if that is more to your liking like Douglas Wy. To me it's all good. :):):)

I was born and raised in Wyoming - I now live in Alaska. So glad I don't live in that Wyoming cold anymore!
BTW the best way to explore Wyoming is to have a pair of horse ears in front of you. Believe me most of the beautiful parts of Wyoming don't have a road or if they do it is narrow and rough.

Yep, you bet. I also walked quite a ways in the hills, Bighorn, etc... but I much rather have a horse. They will tell you if something isn't right. Some people don't like Gillette even though the town has 30K people because of the limited shopping and medical services. I have heard this many time so again it really depends what you are looking for. Btw, I work for the city but live 30 miles from town. Small landowner on a dead end dirt road suites me just fine.