• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

XFMR Connection

jar546

Forum Coordinator
How do you connect your transformers?

4e3f45fe.jpg

I don't see a grounding electrode conductor and I am having a hard time seeing the system bonding jumper connection.

Chris

I would also wager that the supply side bonding jumper (formally known as the equipment bonding jumper) is not sized properly. It seems quite small.

Chris

raider1 said:
I don't see a grounding electrode conductor and I am having a hard time seeing the system bonding jumper connection.Chris
jar546 said:
Yes, me neither
Looks like there is an empty lug on X0 right under X2. Maybe the installer isn't finished yet.:lol:

No, system bonding jumper.

No, grounding electrode conductor

The supply side bonding jumper appears to be too small.

Someone needs a lesson in 250.30. :)

Chris

They ran the neutral from XO directly to the neutral bar of the panel/disco and from there ran a GEC.

There is no bonding jumper from XO to the XFMR frame sized IAW 250.66

Let me paint a better picture.

The system bonding jumper IS from the first disconnect as allowed, HOWEVER, it is useless because the GEC is off the frame of the XFMR.

They are going to remove the system bond from the main disconnect and place it from XO to the XFMR frame ground, then move the initial connection point of the GEC from the XFMR frame to XO where there is a lug waiting for it. Another lug must be added to XO for the system bond jumper.

jar546 said:
So I have a question.Do you see more GEC's connected to the XFMR or to the first disco/panel on the secondary side?
Most of the time in my area the grounding and bonding is done at the transformer and not at the first disconnecting means. That is the way I preferred to do it when I was installing.

Chris