• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Yes, another CBO thread

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I just found out that all I need for MCP is the CBO certification. That is the only missing link for me. I am certified in PA as a BCO through the State Testing but it had nothing to do with the ICC.

I will call the ICC but I am looking for information from those that have done the course(s) and/or are very familiar with the process and where to spend your time. I don't need the MCP in PA but its just a feather in my cap if I travel to some other states.

I don't mind multiple threads because they all have good information. Any input would be helpful. Searching the ICC website and not quite finding exactly what I am looking for.

If you are combo certified, which obviuosly you are, you only need to take the Legal/Management test to get the CBO. Lots of references to refer to, but since you already have knowledge of the ICC references, spend your time getting familiar with the other non-code references. Should not be a problem for you. Good luck

fatboy said:
If you are combo certified, which obviuosly you are, you only need to take the Legal/Management test to get the CBO. Lots of references to refer to, but since you already have knowledge of the ICC references, spend your time getting familiar with the other non-code references. Should not be a problem for you. Good luck
Sounds like a plan. I'll confirm with them tomorrow and get started. Then I can take my MCP and look at it because I am not sure it is worth anything other than conversation