• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Zoning Change?

RJJ

Co-Founder
I am in the process of review a zoning change / text amendment for a 4 story assisted living unit. +/- 37K per floor.

With in this amendment is a proposal for parking. It seems to me not even close on what should be required.

Any one have parking regulations numbers for assisted living? Either related to square footage or number of rooms.?

Any feed back welcomed.

Assisted Living 0.3 per resident

The largerst demand is employees not residents or Visitors

Determine the staff to patent ratio

Make sure there are 3 or 4 foot high curbs around the residence parking area - standard height curbs are not enough of a challenge for some drivers.

The assisted living facility down the road from me has residents who drive. I saw a car (not just the front or rear end, the whole thing) on the grassy side of the curb.