• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Zoning for glamping

yachtsman

Hi.
I'm trying to find the right place for a glamping project. And it's almost "mission impossible".
I'm in California. So far the best zone is one that is allowing campgrounds. And this is limiting so much.

Here are my questions:
1) What is the best way to find the right zone/property?

2) Who can help?
Maybe somebody can help to find more "shapes" of the glamping idea so it'll fit more zones.
For example, do as a guest farm.

welcome

Have you tried El Centro, Borrego Springs, Salton Sea area??

Best thing to do is pick a city, go in and set down with the person over zoning, explain what you want to do, and they will tell you what Zoning type, you can do it in, plus show you on the map where those zones are in that city.

Sometimes these variables change from city to city, and county.

So do you want to buy or lease land, or place with say an existing house, to do this at???

What type of structure would be used to Glamp in???

It can be a tent or yurt

If doing a Yurt , after you zoning says it can be at this location,,,

Go next door to the Building Official and talk to him about Yurt requirements, along with any other code requirements.

Unfortunately, you may run into a few rules covering setting up a simple Glamp....

Good luck, also wait a few days for others to reply, it is a holiday week end.

I like the Cuyamaca Mountain area!!!!

The other route would be check some of the internet yurt, tent, travel trailer set up rental sites,,,

Find 5/6 in your area, go talk to them direct and see what they went through to get in business .