• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Unlimited area "E"

princeofpen

Has anyone in recent history reviewed an unlimited area "E" where exits provided out of every classroom to exterior of the building? At what point should the exit to exterior be possibly removed from the code requirements of Ch 5? With todays security measures I would be more than surprised if a school system would do all these possibly unsecured entrances into a building. I say unsecured as various teachers may have doors open to what might be an exterior instruction area and or open door for ventilation.

You may find an answer in this free publication
1714576668615.png

My question was really regarding removing the exit out of every classroom from the requirement for a unlimited area building provisions for "E" and if anyone has seen a newer school designed with exits out of every classroom to the exterior.