• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Contractor Talk Forum moderation

jar546

Forum Coordinator
All I can say is wow. I posted the video of the horrible jobsite on contractor talk forum and it was closed down within minutes by moderators. Talk about heavy handed moderation. I cannot understand or see any violation of the TOS whatsoever and don't understand what the problem is. If we were like that here, we would be in horrible shape.

jar546 said:
All I can say is wow. I posted the video of the horrible jobsite on contractor talk forum and it was closed down within minutes by moderators. Talk about heavy handed moderation. I cannot understand or see any violation of the TOS whatsoever and don't understand what the problem is. If we were like that here, we would be in horrible shape.
You showed beer cans in an unfavorable light. A contractor has a strict code he lives by, one rule being "do not denigrate beer or beer related items".

No wonder they had to shut you down.

Brent.

it is back up now after I discussed it with the moderator. The level of mentality over there makes me appreciate this site all that much more. Those guys are like vultures. I suppose they are taking out their anger on whoever is a new target for them to compensate for their ****ty businesses.

chris kennedy said:
What was their reason for closing it in the first place?
No idea, I think some of the guys complained so the moderator closed it and sent me a PM asking me what the story was and who I was.

Most of the angry posts over there were directed at Jar, and they were not friendly. They demanded to know who he was and the purpose of the video. Not many read his post that he was the building owner and a building inspector.

OH NO now the contractors are going to follow an inspector around and post it!!!! watch out for Geraldo

Do you think it's possible they saw the video as bashing all contractors? I went to what I thought was the correct site and didn't see your video; what thread was it post in? From just a short visit it seems to be a good site where contractors help each other. Maybe I was at the wrong site.

I don't think of contractors as "the enemy"; I was one for over 30 years and may go back to it. Where I am now it has taken some time to gain the trust of the local contractors due to the "them against us" type of thinking.

Uncle Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
The video you posted probably wouldn't do any good then. Sounds like they just get together to bash inspectors and customers, not better themselves. Kind of like asking a child to take an introspective look at themselves. Luckily I find that these types of people are the exception in my neck of the woods. Most contractors in my jurisdiction want to work with me so they get a seamless product for their clients. I don't think I have ever seen a contractor's jobsite left in the condition depicted in the video you posted.

Jar you stirred up the HORNETS nest guess they don;t have thick skins over there. Try electricaltalk.com those guys seem to be more up on the codes.

jar546 said:
The bashing continued on many other threads. Once they found out I was an inspector it was all over. I am now a target.
How about giving us a link to the thread that created the controversy.

And by the way, your job site was tame in comparison

Contractor Talk Forum moderation

The original thread was moderated to all hell so there is no trace of what transpied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope I'm not hearing folks on this site talking about going to another site; the reason being starting trouble. :(

I agree with UB. What would your reaction be if a contractor posted something other than flattering about inspectors on this site. I've seen it happen before and there was a lot of knee-jerk reaction.