• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Residential range-top fire suppression system

As for the Canadian National Mortgage Assoc. I'd think you'd see the obvious bias they might have in the price of any home going up by any dollar value. But of course they must be free of bias, their governmental right?
Assuming you are talking about the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation, I fail to see how an organization that only sells mortgage insurance gets any benefit from preventing sprinklers in homes. If you are saying their data is incorrect, please provide the evidence.

Assuming you are talking about the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation, I fail to see how an organization that only sells mortgage insurance gets any benefit from preventing sprinklers in homes. If you are saying their data is incorrect, please provide the evidence.
TMurray:

That's true, and as opposed to the NFPA that has always been a corrupt organization, an agent of the fire sprinkler manufacturers, as Steveray said above:

Conarb, regarding the Minneapolis code hearing, many building officials from Massachusetts went to that hearing and also reported back on the "joke" of that vote. As I recall, for many years afterwards, that issue has come up at following ICC sessions; trying to figure out a way to prevent it from happening again.
Watching that travesty was disgusting, then hearing about the hospitality suites with booze and hookers serving the firemen paid to vote for sprinklers was disgusting.

"with booze and hookers serving the firemen"...That and a pension...I knew I should have been a FF...:eagerness:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow' date=',,,, I was a firefighter... and never got served by hookers, drinks, nor do I receive a great pension.....My pension is about 1/3 of what i made working full time..... 24 K ---- after 32 years...... [/quote']"""hospitality suites with booze and hookers serving the firemen, paid to vote for sprinklers

Why were the hookers paid to vote??? They wanted fire sprinklers in thier work places???

"""hospitality suites with booze and hookers serving the firemen, paid to vote for sprinklers

Why were the hookers paid to vote??? They wanted fire sprinklers in thier work places???
of course they do, don't you know how safe sprinklers make everything?