• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

0031 Mineral Processing

chris kennedy

Sawhorse

I'm trying to determine if the above Building use classification would be considered a Class II location by the NEC. When I plug the title into a search engine I come up empty.

Thank you.

$ $ $ $

Need more info Chris to be able to start the bantering.

Mineral processing can mean a lot of different things.

Also, what is the " 0031 " designation?

$ $ $ $

north star said:
Also, what is the " 0031 " designation?
Hell if I know, its on the EE's report. This is a concrete manufacturing plant. Question would be is there anything in the manufacturing of concrete that would produce flammable dust?

Ask for the MSDS sheets on the materials being used within the processing facility

This is a concrete manufacturing plant. Question would be is there anything in the manufacturing of concrete that would produce flammable dust? Plain concrete no but there are a lot of additives in todays market that are included in the conrete industry.

$ $ $ $

Chris,

Article 500.6(B)(1)...[ `08 NEC ] may be of assistance......Also, refer

to NFPA-654 Standard For The Prevention Of Fire And Dust Explosions

From The Manufacturing, Processing And Handling of Combustible

Particulates.

Is there any type of Project Specifications Book for your concrete

manufacturing plant?.....The " 0031 " designation could be a

division within the Project Spec. Book.

You may want to contact the EE to discuss.

$ $ $ $

This is an existing plant that just had a 40 systems inspection by an EE I'm bidding. I have 99 pages of PDF's with 85 photos. None of the EE's comments mention classified location wiring methods. Non of the photos show any existing classified location wiring methods. I was just making sure as this is around a $150K bid. Here is a short and very interesting read I got from Gus over at MH's.