• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

20,000 gl. LP tank leaks.

gbhammer

Platinum Member
We had a 20,000 gal. LP tank's un-permitted stand pipe fueling station spring a leak. a truck backed into it and knocked it over. The gas spread across the lot to an un-permitted shed and blew the shed up when it hit the base board heaters.

Thank God no one was there at 4am.

I found out about all of this when an electrician came into get a permit to repair the electrical wiring that had been destroyed, again it went in with no permit the first time.

Once I threw a coniption, the inspector for the area thought he may have to go post the new shed they put in with out permits. I just know the good ol boy got out of the bag there. Can't prove a thing though.