• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

2009 Building Plans Examiner Test

Dan

Hello Board,

I am taking my Building plans examiner test in 2 weeks and my question is how many questions can I expect from the ACI manual. Any help is apprecitated.

Thanks

Dan

It will depend on the test given; there will be different version of the same test having a different number of questions correlating to the difficulty to the answers. Best practice is to be familiar where to find the answers not necessarily know all of the answers.

Study smart and good luck.

My response can be considered completely unhelpful, but I had the same question when taking the test under the 2006. I wasn't even able to borrow a copy of ACI-318 from any of the A/E firms in our town (what does that tell you??). Finally found an older edition to borrow, and had maybe three questions at the most. I figured that even skipping any questions based in the ACI still wouldn't sink my chances if I felt confident enough in all other areas. That proved to be correct.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!!

So........the ACI manual is actually listed as a resource for the test? When I took my Plans Examiner......waaaay back in 2002, I don't remember that being listed, and I know i didn't have any questions that I would have needed it for.

I also don't recall if the ACI was a required reference in the test (May '07).

But, I don't like taking things for granted. I would try to obtain a copy if I were you.

ACI questions

I took mine under 2006, and like another poster, there was 2 or 3 questions. They seemed to come from ACI chapter 7, something off the wall about allowable rust?? maybe coverage depths as well.

good luck.

Well I passed the test. :D

I did use the ACI manual and it was helpful. Took the whole 3 1/2 hrs. for the test. I would like to thank everyboby for your help and encouragement.

Thanks

Dan

I passed the test

Well I passed the test. :D

I did use the ACI manual and it was helpful. Took the whole 3 1/2 hrs. for the test. I would like to thank everyboby for your help and encouragement.

Thanks

Dan

Thanks Peach,

Just a couple, one about concrete coverage for post tension. Cant remember the other.