• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

2009 IBC and Section 906

Re: 2009 IBC and Section 906

Most building officials felt like the portable fire extinguisher provisions would be dealt with the local FD. The problem with that logic was in many areas the building code official is the only regulatory official who deals with buildings. The code official has to master many codes. As a result, a code changes was submitted by either a NY or NJ code official that added the reference to IFC Section 906.

poobah-

great link :eek: Now i'm glad the planning board shot down the walmart.

haz - TOO funny! :lol:

We do have a Wal-Mart, and the folks who frequent are an 'interesting' bunch... :roll:

On topic: I'm a little confused by the OP. I just checked the I-codes on-line (still works BTW) and 906 has read the same since the 2000 IBC. :?

Edit: OK, I'm a dumba$$! Just checked the 2009 and understand the OP now... :oops:

I didn't think it was necessary, but I guess it beats having to look in the IFC. God forbid a BO opens the fire code...

Jake - "God forbid a BO opens the fire code..."

Do I detect a note of cynicism there? :eek: