• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

2009 IBC commercial Building Inspector

darcar

Silver Member
I am going for my certification in the IBC commercial inspector but I see there are many different study guides (structural, fire and safety, etc.)

Is there one certification for the IBC or is it a composition of numerous cert.'s?

If a person is able to obtain one , all encompasing, cert for IBC, what is the best study guide(s) available?

Thanks again

It's only one test, darcar... the best study guide is a TABBED code book, since time is always of the essence with those tests.

you need to know Chapters 3,4,5,6, 9 & 10 well. Good luck.

Also, don't forget the concrete manual. I had 9 questions out of that book on rebar coverage, fly-ash, etc.

Thanks you 2...

Peach, only those chapters are tested?

I suppose there are other cert's that cover the remaining...