• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

2015 IRC provisions (nearly) complete

Glenn

With the public comments for the development of the 2015 IRC published, those proposals that did not receive one can be considered essentially done.

Here is an article explaining five such proposals as they relate to the decking industry. Perhaps you are interested in how NADRA works to inform and educate the industry regarding building codes.

We can write codes of gold, but without education, it's just buried treasure....or sometimes a landmine...

When There’s No Public Comment | NADRA Blog

With the teamwork of many organizations and many professionals, a well-vetted set of new prescriptive provisions for basic deck construction will be included in the 2015 IRC. I was proud of all those involved today when I saw that of all the changes coming our way, ICC highlighted only a few in their recent sneak peak announcement.

Deck codes made the cut.

http://www.iccsafe.org/content/Pages/2015icodes.aspx?r=2015icodeshpf

Looking forward to the final language in the 2015 on this topic. Decks are a staple of residential construction and historically not well covered in the prescriptive ResCode. They are not the type of 'floors' that Chapter 5 is addressing, so these provisions should help all parties involved.

Good work on your part Glenn, glad to here you feel some went your way...........I know it is near and dear to you.